July 23, 2010

Just One More Day!

Well, tomorrow is our Photo Walk! I hope you are looking forward to this as much as I am! The weather forecast is looking pretty good (but hot), and we should have some nice early to mid-morning light for that added depth and dimension to our outdoor photography.


Now, about tomorrow...


You should arrive in the area by 9 AM. There are no parking lots to speak of, but you should find plenty of curb-side parking that early in the morning. We congregate at the northeast corner of Delaware and Third Streets (on "The Green"). I will be the big, goofy looking guy in a white Photowalk T-Shirt and khaki photographer's vest.


Please note: We are NOT meeting in Battery Park as originally stated on the Worldwide Photo Walk registration site.


Did you check out the Historic New Castle Map? Also, don't forget to check the official Historic New Castle Website.


OUR SCHEDULE ...


> Arrive by 9 AM to get your gear ready

> Gather around at 9:15 for last-minute announcements (Delaware & Third Streets)

> Everyone fans out individually or in small groups to photograph the area. There is no set plan or route as the location is fairly compact. Consult the map (see link above).

> The Photo Walk officially ends at 11:30 AM. However, you can certainly continue if you wish.

> There will be no formalities at the end of the walk, but we'll have informal Chimp and Chew sessions at the location of your choice. Check previous blog entries here for some suggestions.


MY ROLE AS YOUR WALK LEADER ...


It has been a pleasure organizing a local walk for the New Castle, Delaware area. Unless I get pummeled and harassed by my fellow walkers, I plan to lead more of these (the downside is that I can't be eligible to win the prizes, but then again I never win anything). I already have some ideas for venues at future walks.


My job tomorrow is simply this: to facilitate the gathering of like-minded photography enthusiasts for a social photo shoot. Once you arrive on site, you are more-or-less on your own, but I still urge you to form small groups and share your knowledge and photography.


My other task will be to handle the photo contest portion of the walk. I will be judging your entries for the best-of-the-Walk for a local prize. I will then submit that winning image for the Worldwide competition.


During the Walk, I will spend my time tracking down the groups throughout the morning (as long as I can keep up), and offering any advice I can. I will also be photographing YOU photographing! I may even do a video, even though I am a still photographer. We'll use these for future walks.


FINALLY ...


At the Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk website, there are other last-minute articles for you to check out. Also, be sure to read the news about some post-Walk activities and web-events.


See you tomorrow!


Sandro V Cuccia

Leader, New Castle Photo Walk

www.DEPhotoWalk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment